Wednesday 17 April 2013

Writing Short Stories by Ailsa Cox.

I always borrow books from the library partly because I've run out of space to store them and mainly because I don't want to spend money on a book if I don't like it or it's not what I need. When I've had a book out three times I reckon it's good enough to buy.
The Oldham Library copy of Writing Short Stories by Ailsa Cox has three dates stamps from when I loaned it. It's a great read for writers. Full of ideas, tips and sources. I've bought a copy for my kindle where it takes up hardly any space and doesn't need dusting.
If you're looking for books that help with writing, have a look at this one. Written by a story writer and teacher who has been generous with her knowledge, it is a good read as well as being one of those books you can dip into when you need ideas.  

Well worth the overdue fees.

First published by Routledge in 2005.
ISBN  0-203-96262-1

2 comments:

  1. It's a great book for a great writer, we use on our Creative Writing course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not surprised to hear that. Her fiction worth checking out too.

    ReplyDelete